Re: Proposal: move /etc/{protocol,services,rpc} to base-files

Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> In fact, this would solve in a certain sense the long argument about how many
> protocols/services to include in the lists: alternate packages could
> Provides: netbase-data if they included any superset of the most basic list.

In this way, I dare say, lies madness. Not only will there be multiple
packages owning the same config file, but there is the problem of
multiple versions existing --- package A and package B both include a
superset, and now for no good reason can't be installed together.

If there is really a problem with not being able to include everything
in netkit-data or whatever, we need an update-services command, etc.