Re: Debian for desktop - gnome in usnstable/experimantal more stable than in testing ?

Hello,

> > > However due to the QT library transition my package
> > > which I fixed in unstable at once has not entered testing yet...
>
> packagesearch |      2.0.4 |       testing | source, alpha, ...
> packagesearch |      2.0.4 |      unstable | source, alpha, ...
You are right, the QT library transition is compeleted now.

> I can't see any mention of xterm in packagesearch's changelog, nor any bugs
> filed about the problem, either.
Look at changelog.gz, probably I should have copied it to
changelog.Debian.gz too. Bugs were not filed against this problem. And
to be honest it might _not_ have occured in testing. I've never checked
when xterm changed in its behaviour, and if this xterm version made the
transition before the new version of packagesearch. Also note that it
was only one feature of packagesearch which broke (after all
packagesearch does only recommend xterm and works without it). But my
point was that such (unforseeable) things might break things in testing.

But I have taken the point of the replies. Second hand experience is
nothing I will base my judgement on (and make it public) any more.

So please disregard my statement against "testing"

Best regards Ben

--
Please do not send any email to ben-ml@gmx.net -- all email not