Re: db.debian.org (and related infrastructure) updates

--- Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> escribió:

> Hi Miry,
> > social relevance of it, and that means gender. Any other solution seems
> more
> > trying to justify that field than anything really useful.
> When you specify 'social' relevance, does that mean 'the larger society'
> or 'the Debian society'? And relevant to what? Dancing partners at
> Debconf? Free software has both social and technical elements. The
> techincal bits have no gender, AFIACT. In regards to the social bits, I
> see FLOSS as moving towards a sphere where people define who and what
> they are, regardless of their XX or XY bits. The distinction is made
> when interfacing with the outside world when folks need insurance,
> health care, or drivers license and must check a box.YMMV.
> feliz ano nuevo!
> Kev
> ps. that does not mean that peoples attributes should be forgotten, for
> the world would be boring otherwise.

I'm sorry I haven't explained myself more clearly. I'll try to make my point a
bit more explicit:

1) I don't see any relevance in having a gender field. The only exception I
might find is for genderifying the texts in web pages and mails, or maybe for
statistics.

2) I see even less relevance in having medical data, such as the genotype (XX,
XY or whatever), genital data, etc.

Miry

Correo Yahoo!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.es