Re: db.debian.org (and related infrastructure) updates

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:16:24 +0100, Amaya <amaya@debian.org> wrote:
> Nicolas Boullis wrote:
>> What about gender? How is it specified?
>
> Currently it is a drop down that allows you to choose:
> - unspecified
> - male
> - female
>
> Which in my opinion reflects sex and not gender.

Would it not therefore be simpler to just rename the option as 'sex' instead of 'gender'? That would solve the argument about what options there should be (presumably the selected option can be changed at a later date if you want to argue that someone can biologically change from one sex to another).

Paul