Re: Moving conffiles between packages, redux

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:23:40 +1100, Robert Collins
<robertc@robertcollins.net> said:

> On Sat, 2006-12-23 at 23:04 +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
>> Fortunately, all of this is only necessary for upgrades from sarge
>> to etch, and once we can expect everyone to have etch's dpkg
>> installed we can move conffiles between packages more or less like
>> any other files.

> is it possible/useful to generate a dh_ command to facilitate this?
> Rather than everyone needing to end up encoding the same logic with
> minute variations ?

        How often do you think this shall be needed in this release
 cycle?  Writing a general purpose dh_tool, and getting it tested, is
 not a simple task (though of course, if you feel the need to scratch
 that itch, far be it for me to stop you).

        manoj
--
Experience is the worst teacher.  It always gives the test first and
the instruction afterward.