Re: debian-private and Gmail

On 12/6/06, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 December 2006 03:32, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
> > I saw that it's possible to redirect my @debian.org email to an
> > address and also redirect debian-private to another email. @debian.org
> > is set to @gmail.com. Good. But what do I do with debian-private?
> > Is it possible to redirect debian-private to @people.debian.org and
> > read it at this machine?
> > Can someone give me help on this, please?

> What I sometimes do when I go on holiday is just clear the "email
> forwarded to" field in LDAP and then the mail stays on master.

What happens if I put my Gmail address on "email forwarded to" and
I left the debian-private field empty? I won't receive emails from
private anymore?

What I am wanting is to redirect all my @debian.org emails to my Gmail
account (the field "email forwarded to") and to read debian-private
emails on a Debian machine.

Basically it will be something like this:

- if the email is to naoliv@debian.org then redirects it to
naoliv@gmail.com
- if the email is to naoliv@people.debian.org (or another email) then
keep it on the server (so I will use SSH to read it)

Doing this I will use naoliv@people.debian.org to receive debian-private
emails.

Is it easy to do this (using procmail maybe)?

Best regards,
Nelson