Re: Mirror pulses now twice a day

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 05:04:13PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> writes:
>
> > * Santiago Vila (sanvila@unex.es) [061128 11:34]:
> > > It seems testing and unstable change twice a day now, which is fantastic.
> >
> > Also britney runs now twice per day, and ftp-master host has changed
> > (now ries).

That shows that push mirroring should be the prefered solution to make
mirrors, since it is frequency-proof :)
http://www.debian.org/mirrors/push_mirroring

> Unfortunately that means ftp(2).de.debian.org is broken twice a day
> now.
>
> I don't know what they do but the md5sum of the Packages or Sources
> files doesn't match the Release file or the Release file doesn't match
> Release.gpg. A short time later all is fine again.
>
> I'm assuming the mirror script is missing --delay-updates to make the
> 2nd phase mirroring non disruptive.
>
> Can someone update the example mirror script provided by debian

The example mirror script was updated ten days ago after a discussion on
debian-mirrors :
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mirrors/2006/11/threads.html#00002

The up to date script is available at http://www.debian.org/mirrors/anonftpsync

> and then notify all mirror admins to also update their scripts?

Sure, updating anonftpsync was only the first step, the second one will
come soon.

Regards,

--
Simon Paillard