Re: Progress report on CodeFestAkihabara, macbook Debian installation experience

Hi,

I've just followed the instructions on the http://wiki.debian.org/MacBook wiki
to install Debian etch RC1 (i386) on my new core 2 macbook.  I also tried
installing etch RC1 (amd64), but I failed because the refit package isn't built
for amd64:

admin/refit_0.7-3: Failed by buildd_ia64-caballero [optional:uncompiled]
  Reasons for failing:
    [Category: none]
    not ours
  Previous state was Building until 2006 Jul 13 17:45:14

(from http://people.debian.org/~igloo/package-status.php?package=refit).

Is someone already working on this, or should I poke at it and try to build it
on an amd64 machine?

Thanks,
Johannes