Re: [q] maintainance of xfsprogs and util-linux

        Hi,

On Sat, Nov 18, 2006, Michael Banck wrote:
> We are preparing a release, so packaging new upstream versions is much
> less of a target right now than fixing bugs.

 True; but IMO xfsprogs is relatively stable, and the changes are
 usually bug fixes.  I grabbed the tarballs to make sure I don't say
 crap, and found the changes below, from CHANGES:

xfsprogs-2.8.16 (30 October 2006)
       - Fix up an endian problem for nlink setting in phase 7 for xfs_repair.

xfsprogs-2.8.15 (19 October 2006)
       - Fix up nlink checks and repairs in phase 7 for xfs_repair.
       - Remove a bogus LEAFN warning for a single leaf node v2 dir.

xfsprogs-2.8.14 (6 October 2006)
       - Fix up the ring command in xfs_db,
         thanks to Utako Kusaka
       - Set the blocksize on the device to the given sector
         size which is _not_ necessarily 512 bytes;
         idea suggested by Shailendra Tripathi.
       - Fix up xfs_copy and its variable argument handling
         around vfprintf; xfs_copy was seg faulting on x86_64.

xfsprogs-2.8.13 (21 September 2006)
       - Fix v2 directory checking with holes and unreadable blocks.
       - Fix a memory leak in dir2 checking.
       - Update libdisk/md support to work out the stripe width
         based on (# raid-disks - # parity disks) which
         doesn't include any spare disks (which we mistakenly did before).
         Thanks to Shailendra Tripathi's suggestions.
       - Get the kernel int types of __u32 and friends from <asm/types.h>
         if we can, otherwise define them ourselves.

xfsprogs-2.8.12 (29 August 2006)
       - Multi-thread modifications to xfs_repair.
       - Updated Polish translation, thanks to Jakub Bogusz.
       - Change default mkfs realtime extent size setting to
         perform better for buffered writes.

 But I suppose it's still possible that the above introduces new bugs as
 well.

   Bye,
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>