Re: Proposed new POSIX sh policy

Marco d'Itri wrote:
> But hardly practical, IIRC there are some commonly used shell features
> supported by dash but not busybox.

busybox sh has improved a lot in recent years, I can't currently think
of any gotchas in using it for shell scripts that were originally
written for #!/bin/sh in debian. Any that still exist are almost
certianly just bugs that can be fixed.

(I do quite a lot of scripting targeted at busybox sh for d-i, generally
testing it first in bash or dash, and at work we run subsets of Debian
using all busybox utilities, including sh, and the only breakage I've
seen has been due to various long options not being supported by busybox
awk, sed, readlink, etc.)

--
see shy jo