Re: ca-certificates symlinks out of /etc

also sprach Gabor Gombas <gombasg@sztaki.hu> [2006.11.02.1345 +0100]:
> Symlinks just make _sense_. It's the idiocy of other OSes to duplicate
> data because they have no proper notion of symlinks. I always hate
> arguments like this to "make things worse for people who know UNIX
> because there are some dumb users who don't".

Why do the files need to be in /usr/share at all? Why not provide
/etc/ssl/certs and /etc/ssl/certs/disabled and let the user use
/bin/mv to enable/disable them. At the same time, the debconf
question about which ones to disable/enable could do exactly the
same, and all the files would be proper configuration files that
could be edited all the same.

NP: Porcupine Tree / Staircase Infinities