Re: "Arch: all" package FTBFS due to test needing network access - RC?

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 07:57:51PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:

> > Interactive tests or tests requiring network access should not have to
> > pass in order to build a package.

> What about tests that only require localhost be available?  I'd been
> puzzling over that for a bit with some of the Perl module tests.

I think it's reasonable to expect both localhost and 127.0.0.1 to be
reachable during builds.  I believe the vserver problems mentioned elsewhere
have been addressed on the vserver side, and I think that's the right
solution because telling the world they can no longer count on the existence
of localhost would be a very hard sell, and not something I see any reason
for Debian to be taking the lead on.

Cheers,