Re: Is something wrong to XGL, Compiz, Cgwd be packaged?

Am Samstag 28 Oktober 2006 20:30 schrieb David Nusinow:
> For etch+1, I'm planning on making it enabled by default and doing away
> with most of the debconf stuff anyway though.

AFAIK this can be very bad when looking at performance and CPU usage, doesn't
it? In this case, it should be only be enabled by default, if the underlying
hardware and it's driver supports hardware acceleration for that. For myself,
I would not appreciate it on my i815.

HS