Re: libc6 2.5 and Etch

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 20:42, Kevin Mark wrote:
> When Sarge was released, amd64 was not officially released but had an
> unofficial release. why not do the same with the hopes tha etch+1 will
> see m68k in relase shape?

AMD64 is a modern architecture. M68k is an architecture that saw its prime
many years ago. AMD64 also has a much larger user base considering that most
of the m68k machines I know of are more toys than workhorses. Also, I think it
could be that the Debian folks saw a strategic advantage is shipping a more
normal version of Debian for the AMD64 arch.

wt
--
Warren Turkal