Re: Bug mass filling

On Sun October 22 2006 23:22, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         I still think we should go for quality of implementation.
>
>         I also seem to be a minority in this regard.

I sincerely hope not.

>         If the project feels that we should downgrade policy not to
>  set our maintainer scripts to allow for the admin to set /bin/sh to
>  be not bash, they can file a bug on policy, and so indicate their
>  belief on the bug reprot; I'll reluctantly degrade policy.

As long as Debian allows alternatives to /bin/sh -> /bin/bash, the only
bugs which should be filed, afaict, are those against packages whose
scripts specify /bin/sh and fail to work with any "sh" but bash...
clearly they are buggy and should be specifying /bin/bash as their
command interpreter.

- Bruce