Re: How can the OS autodetect that a user is a newbie and offer help?

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 08:36:42AM +1000, Andrew Vaughan wrote:
> What's really needed is better help for newbies dumped unexpectedly at the
> command-line because X wasn't installed/properly configured/didn't start.

What's really needed is to fix our X autoconfiguration mechanisms so that
this doesn't happen. One of my target goals is to work on this post-etch,
and happily upstream is working hard on it as well. If people want to help
with this issue, please follow up to debian-x.

 - David Nusinow