Re: How should we deal with 'pointless-on-this-arch' packages?

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:
> That's a bad example. X is a client/server system for a reason.
>
> E.g., there is no graphical hardware for s390, yet it can still be a
> good idea to use X software on s390 hardware with X terminals.

Yeah, that's the thing -- while maintainers are usually competent to
judge "can't" (i.e., non-trivial porting effort is required), they often
don't seem any better than anyone else at judging "shouldn't" /
"don't-need-to" .

Users do all _kinds_ of weird things...

-Miles
--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'