Re: safe halt/reboot/shutdown

also sprach Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> [2006.10.16.1740 +0200]:
> > This script, along with symlinks from halt and reboot, lives in
> > /usr/local/sbin on all my systems
>
> Replacing halt might be a bit risky, as the story in
> <URL:http://bugs.debian.org/354163> document. :)

I would not be replacing it, really. Unless $SSH_CONNECTION is
defined in the environment, all the shell script does is pass right
through.

"the liar at any rate recognises that recreation, not instruction, is
 the aim of conversation, and is a far more civilised being than the
 blockhead who loudly expresses his disbelief in a story which is told
 simply for the amusement of the company."
                                                        -- oscar wilde