Re: Orphan party

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 00:25:28 +0200, Federico Di Gregorio <fog@initd.org> said:

> Il giorno dom, 15/10/2006 alle 11.41 -0500, Manoj Srivastava ha
> scritto:
>>
>> If taking a stand on principle is childish, thank god I do not
>> agree with your camp.

> Don't generalize my words trying to have me say what I didn't
> say. It is a old and well-establsihed practice [sophists where the
> first ones, 2500 years ago ;)] but makes the answer impossible
> (i.e., this is my last mail.)

        You were trying to frame the discussion in terms of people
 who, no longer finding the project meets their principles, are taking
 the path of leaving the project, as being childish.  It is a nice way
 of trashing your opposition in a debate; I merely turned the frame
 around. How does it feel being framed?

        So, the next time, do not frame discussions by characterizing
 the other persons actions quite so negatively. I don't think it helps
 dialogue.

        manoj
--
Ketterling's Law: Logic is an organized way of going wrong with
confidence.