Re: How should we deal with 'pointless-on-this-arch' packages?

Carlo Segre <segre@iit.edu> writes:

> On Sun, 15 Oct 2006, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
>> The interest with debtags is that it allows to change the policy for a
>> package without needing an upload or the intervention of the maintainer.
>> This way, the decision of not building could be taken by the maintainer,
>> and it could be reverted quickly by somebody else if a user requested
>> the package on an excluded arch.
>>

> How would you implement with with debtags?  Are the buildd's paying
> attention to this now?  Maybe I misunderstand.
>
> Carlo

They aren't paying attention to anything but Wanna-Build and their
local [weak_]no_auto list.

The place to watch for debtags would be wanna-build. That is the
central place that decides what to build. Buildds just pick things up
from there.

MfG
        Goswin