Re: anticipating the upstart migration

On Oct 11, Michael Biebl <biebl@teco.edu> wrote:

> Having the "init" binary installed as /sbin/upstart and only diverting
> the not so critical binaries seems to be the safest option indeed.
I had to use many diverions in the module-init-tools package because
there was no other acceptable solution, and it's not pretty.
Please do not accept to be defeated yet, diversions are only a
workaround which makes maintaining the package much more complex (look
at the list of diversions-related bugs in the m-i-t changelog...).

> 2.) If no major problems are found, upload it to unstable after some
> time (weeks/months?).
I do not think that an upstart package using diversions should ever be
uploaded to unstable, and definitely not enter stable.

--
ciao,
Marco