Re: how to tell people to dpkg-reconfigure exim4-_CONFIG_?

On Monday 09 October 2006 11:32, Marc Haber took the opportunity to say:
> On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 09:23:48 +0200, sean finney <seanius@seanius.net>
>
> wrote:
> >
> >funny, i'd have said the ultimate solution was finding a way to make the
> >users learn about looking at README.Debian :)
>
> That is unrealistic. I expect our users to get more stupid instead of
> less stupid.

Still, teaching users that whenever they install a nontrivial package, the one
thing they should do first is read /usr/share/doc/$PACKAGE/README.Debian (if
it exists), shouldn't be impossible, especially not if it's available from
packages.d.o, alongside the changelog and copyright files, and accessible
through aptitude, synaptic et al.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)