Re: Making SELinux standard for etch

El sáb, 07-10-2006 a las 01:04 +0200, Marco d'Itri escribió:
> On Oct 07, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>
> >         The size of the .debs for targeted policy is 2185702 Bytes,
> >  and adds seven packages to the standard install.  No special
> While I like much the idea of having solid and easy to deploy
> selinux-related packages, I object to installing them by default since
> they will still be disabled by default and realistically most people
> will not use them.

  I think there are two points here. The first one is that it seems
easier to use SELinux if you find it preinstalled that if you have to
apt-get it. I am not sure why, but this is something that people seem to
stand out there. The other point is very related. If you find something
installed, it most likely you're going to try it. And as far as I know
SELinux does not run any daemon or anything else that can make your
system slower. It is only diskspace.

  Cheers,

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo