Re: Making SELinux standard for etch

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 01:04:50 +0200, Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> said:

> On Oct 07, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>> The size of the .debs for targeted policy is 2185702 Bytes, and
>> adds seven packages to the standard install.  No special
> While I like much the idea of having solid and easy to deploy
> selinux-related packages, I object to installing them by default
> since they will still be disabled by default and realistically most
> people will not use them.

        Realistically, most people do not use vacation, finger, and
 sharutils either.  Are we talking about disk usage? I am not sure
 that the increase in disk usage is perceptible on a normal install on
 modern (read: made in this millennium) machines.

        People on low disk situations can always delete them -- none
 of these packages is remotely essential, just remove the policy
 package and everything goes.

        manoj
--
Look into my eyes and try to forget that you have a Macy's charge
card!