Re: Desktop task(sel) in Etch? (Bug #389092)

[Steve McIntyre]
> As time goes on and each desktop env adds more bloat^Wfeatures, it
> becomes more and more difficult to get them to fit on CD#1. Frans
> reminds me that we're about to regain some space by dropping kernel
> 2.4, but even so we have to call a limit somewhere...

Do you have a log of the space usage on the official d-i test CDs,
similar to the one for debian-edu available from
<URL:http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-edu/trunk/src/build/CD-administrator/cdspacelist-etch.txt?op=file&rev=0&sc=0>?

You can use tools/get_diskusage.pl -t -m 104857600 to make the report,
if you are not doing so already.

I suspect there are some packages that can be dropped from the first
CD, like obsolete libraries etc, to make room for more useful
packages.  At least that is my experience with Debian Edu.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen