Re: Debian Women Wiki

Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 00:52:05 +0200, shaulka@012.net.il wrote:
>>  http://women.debian.org/wiki/English/MaintainerScripts states,
>>while discussing the purging of a fully installed package
>>("Removing and Purging", Removal+Purge of foo (Installed)), that
>
> This is important information I would never have found due to the lack
> of knowledge that the Debian Women project has her own wiki.
>
> May I ask why information this important is not on the main Debian
> wiki, wiki.debian.org?

Or why it is in a Wiki at all?  A wiki is fine for collecting
information with input from many people.  But once it's settled, and
this one mainly seems to be, I think it should be integrated in the
existing infrastructure, e.g. the developers' reference.

At the very least, there should be a very restricted set of entry points
(like http://www.debian.org/devel/, the developers' reference, maybe one
or two more) which allows to find relevant information.  With Wikis,
it's soon getting very hard to search or keep an overview of what
exists.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster