Re: A plan to get rid of unnecessary package dependencies

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 12:35:35PM +0200, Christian Aichinger wrote:

> AIUI the number of libraries using such tricks is minor, so it
> is unnerving that we can't use the dh_ method because of that. I
> don't see any solution though :-/

You could invent a mechanism to tag a library as "never to remove even
if no symbols appear to be referenced". Since this should be quite rare
even a single (config?) file listing all problematic libraries would be
enough, at least in the beginning.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences