Re: Need for darcs.debian.org?

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 03:14:02PM +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
> After having read zack's blog entry [2] about the new XS-X-VCS-xxx
> field for debian/control files, I was adding it to my packages [3]
> (all related to Common Lisp).

This is an *excellent* idea, but a terrible way of introducing it.  Why
was it posted only on a blog, and not to -- at least -- debian-devel?

I'm growing increasingly annoyed with things that are announced only on
blogs and not on the Debian developer mailing lists.  (I know it wasn't
you, but this is a general comment.)

> one would be better, similar to the SVN one:
>
>   http://darcs.debian.org/$GROUP/$PACKAGE
>
> Now, the questions:
>
> 1) could it be useful and will it be adopted by the Darcs-maintained
>    packages?

It could be useful, I think.  How would one push to it -- over ssh or
with darcs send?

I am using my own private server for this now.  Easier than to have to
deal with all the alioth overhead.