Re: Orphaning my packages

gregor herrmann wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:58:31 -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
>
>> (There are quite a few more -perl and -ruby packages, but I'm not quite
>> sure which ones have been picked up.)
>
> The lib*-perl packages are all already in the Debian Perl Group's svn
> repository and will be uploaded soon.

Cool!

I note also that the -ruby packages have all been picked up by the
Debian/Ruby Extras team or others, and so have ssss, revolution.

That reduces the complete list of unadopted packages from David to:

* dlume -- address book program
* fpm -- GNOME 1 password manager program
* gxmms -- GNOME panel controls for xmms/beep media player
* kipina -- athlete's training log program
* rxvt -- very popular x terminal emulator
-- the adopter might also want to grab the orphaned rxvt-beta package
* sendemail -- does what it says.
-- Small and written in perl -- maybe the Debian Perl Group would like it?
* wallpaper-tray -- GNOME wallpaper changer program, some nasty bugs

----

Meanwhile, I don't suppose I could convince the Debian Perl Group to pick up
some of the *other* orphaned perl libraries?.....  ;-)

The ones I've noticed on a quick run through the orphaned package list are:

libapache-authznetldap-perl
libbusiness-ups-perl
libcdk-perl
libcgi-xml-perl
libcgi-xmlapplication-perl
libcgi-xmlform-perl
libclass-prototyped-perl
libconfhelper-perl
libconvert-ber-perl
libcorba-orbit-perl
libdb-file-lock-perl
libdbix-xml-rdb-perl
libdbix-xmlmessage-perl
libextutils-f77-perl
libfile-counterfile-perl
liblingua-en-numbers-ordinate-perl
liblingua-ispell-perl
libmail-listdetector-perl
libmldbm-sync-perl
libnet-ftpserver-perl
libnewt-perl
libpalm-perl
libperlmenu-perl
libpod-pom-perl
libproc-process-perl
libqt-perl
libtangram-perl
libtest-cmd-perl
libtie-array-sorted-perl
libtie-cache-perl
libvcs-perl
libxml-sablot-perl
perlftlib

These perl modules constitute more than 10% of the orphaned packages.
(I suspect some of them may be obsolete or folded into the main Perl
distribution or other perl modules.  Perhaps at least these could be
identified and removal bugs filed.)

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@fastmail.fm>

Bush admitted to violating FISA and said he was proud of it.
So why isn't he in prison yet?...