Re: Why not only support Sid and Testing?

Marc Haber wrote:
>>	I know I am in for an argument, but I think it is a good
>>question.  I'm sure many of you have read Mark's blog:
>>http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/56.  It says 76% of Debian
>>users run unstable and probably a fair fraction of the rest run testing.
>
> I tend to doubt these numbers, especially if they come from a source
> that is known for its Ubuntu / Canonical marketing blurb.

So do I. A more credible source are apt sources being downloaded. In this
area stable's market share was about 3/4, oldstable something around 1/12
and the rest testing/unstable. (All figures are at least half a year old
and from the top of my memory, which may be failing me. IIRC it was aj who
mentioned them in IRC). Maybe the FTP masters can provide more current
figures.

Cheers,
        Moritz