Re: transitioning config files between two packages

sean finney <seanius@debian.org> wrote:

> so the question is: what am i forgetting to do?  i'm guessing that the
> problem has something to do with the original package still being
> present (as a metapackage)?

No, it's a general problem: dpkg won't notice that a conffile has been
moved from one package to the other, no matter whether it declares
"Replaces" or whatever.  There's simply no solution within dpkg at the
moment.

The only way I know of to get rid of the bogus questions is to put the
files under ucf control.  In the long run, it would be nice if dpkg got
ucf's nice features.

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster