Re: Request to mailing list Pkg-qof-maintainers rejected

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 09:14 -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Are you saying stupid people can't make honest mistakes? I
>  would think that these are not mutually exclusive characterizations.
>  As for determining intelligence of an action, I would much rather
>  call a spade a spade.  It is not as if he called the people stupid
>  (thing, not person) -- that is merely your hyperbole and strawman.

I disagree - a thing can by definition never be braindead. But that's
not relevant, when refering to the thing my point remains the same. In
everyday situations, *opening* a converstation with the statement that
someone has done a "very braindead stupid" thing is about the worst way
to start a constructive argument. It's the best way to get people in
their trenches right at the first second, solving nothing.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen much support for my position yet - most
the mailinglist to moderated". I remain at "flaming your fellows never
helps the project, making requests and doing suggestions does".

> > Is it appropriate to use terms like "fucking" and "damn" on a wide

>         It certainly speaks volumes about the author, so I am not
>  opposed to such terms. It help rather rapidly to locate their niche
>  in my score files.

I agree with you here, but I aspire a mailing list environment where one
could start reading right away without having to build up a database of
swearing posters first.

Thijs