Re: potential mass bug filing: sysvinit dependency

also sprach Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> [2006.09.05.1526 +0200]:
> This one needs to depend on sysv-like link farm functionality (as
> opposed to, say, file-rc style).  If upstart provides symlinks,
> then we need a virtual package.  If it doesn't, sysv-rc-conf needs
> to keep depending on sysvinit.

Well, upstart does get rid of SysV as we know it. The upstart
package itself gets rid of the need for invoke-rc.d, providing
/sbin/start and /sbin/stop.

However, upstart-compat-sysv provides compatibility.

NP: Bass Communion / Bass Communion