Re: Firmware poll

Hi,

-=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
6c557439-9c21-4eec-ad6c-e6384fab56a8
[   ] Choice 1: Release etch on time
[ 1 ] Choice 2: Do not ship sourceless firmware in main
[   ] Choice 3: Support hardware that requires sourceless firmware
[   ] Choice 4: None of the above
-=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Because freedom is, has been and should be our top-most priority (IMHO).
It's too important an issue to make any compromises just because of some
short-term nice-to-have goals such as "release on time"...

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see etch released on time, too; and I
also don't have a problem with sourceless firmware (in non-free) as an
interim solution until vendors provide free code or at least specs so
that free code can be written.
But none of these issues are important enough to compromise our ideals
or a free distribution.

Uwe.
--
Uwe Hermann