User feedback -post installation and after-week survey?

This has emerged from "Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas" thread.

Rudy:
> I think the issues you point out is the feeback what we need, and
> discuss about them. I encourage you to also post to the mailing list.
>
> I'm trying to figure out how we can "listen" more our users needs, and
> then make decissions based on real information and not only what we
> feel. I want to reach those average-joe users and get their feedback.

Yeah, that's not easy.

Howabout some form -user could be navigated to some basic webpage where he could answer some simple questions? Not too many questions (optimally 5-8?), preferably pre-answered (by some selection box), of course with possibility to add non-default answer for us to be able to extend the possible answers cathegories..

If user wished to add more feedback, he could have an option, at the end of the basic form, of some "more feedback, if U wish" extended form.

Sample questions: "What have been the most difficult part of installation for You" (disk partitioning, language selection,...), "What have caused it (unsufficient help, nonintuitive, too technical questions).

User should be asked, whether will he participate on some short "survey-after-week-of-using-Debian". If he agreed (let's joke: agreed or not ;oD he will be asked automatically after week, by opening some simple and polite application or applet on his desktop, about his impression of Debian. If proceed, again could open some web form or so. Again, what pleases him now (amount of software, ease of setup, everything just works, desktop design, etc...) and what he dislikes (cannot connect my cellular phone, Infra not working, Xsane demands root privilegues but complains if he is given them, etc)

These questions could be structured in the way, that user could pair them. For example, he has a question. In left selection rollup-button he could select WHAT and in second he could select WHY. Example:
What is the worst problem for You with Debian?
<left button options>
Printer setup
Localisation
Removable devices support
Instant messaging
Multimedia

<right button options>
Insufficient helper
Lack of applications
Lack of functionality

And so on. Is something like that being worked on?

As I look at this concept, I feel one half of problems should be identified even in the very process of creating questions and possible answers for the initial and after-week survey :-)

Well, I'm starting to like the idea so I try to open a new thread ;o)

Peter