Re: Running x86-64 debian inside i386 pbuilder on AMD64

* Sander Marechal <s.marechal@jejik.com> [2006-08-25 07:39]:

> Matthias Julius wrote:
> >  pbuilder create --debootstrapopts --arch=amd64
>
> It didn't work after all. I got a kernel running, but debootstrap
> doesn't want to cooperate. It quits with an error that it cannot find a
> script. It takes a random string from the pbuilder configuration and
> tries lo look for a script at that place instead of
> /usr/lib/pbuilder/scripts. Weird.

debootstrap in such environments works fine on debian etch and debian sid
systems and with a the debootstrap from backports.org even on debian
sarge systems.

> I think I'm going to take the easy way out and install a minimal dapper
> 64 in a small partition and use that to build amd64 binaries.

If you look for support of ubuntu you have come to the wrong place.
http://www.ubuntu.com/support looks more appropriate.

yours Martin
--
<maxx@debian.org> ---- Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal Operating System