Re: VMware packaging

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006, Peter Collingbourne wrote:
> I found there were no VMware-related packages in the official
> repository, nor any way of creating them.  Thus I propose to create
> a tool that will build (for example for VMware Server) vmware-server
> and vmware-modules-source packages based on an installation tarball
> (a la java-package).

 Would be nice if we could go as far as shipping binary packages for
 e.g. vmware-player, as Ubuntu does:
<http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=vmware&searchon=sourcenames&subword=1&version=all&release=all>

 (But I didn't check whether this qualifies for non-free.)

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>