Re: dak now supports ~ in version numbers

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * martin f. krafft:
>
> > Thanks to the work of our DPL Anthony "aj" Towns (and all the other
> > people who have worked on this without my knowledge), I am happy to
> > announce that dak, our archive management software, finally supports
> > the use of the tilde ('~') in version numbers.
>
> Should we really start using this feature even though it violates
> section 5.6.12 of the Policy?

Policy was written like that because the changes delineated in
martin's message had yet to be implemented. It should be updated
accordingly, but that by itself is no reason not to use them.

Don Armstrong

We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
 -- Jeremy S. Anderson