Re: Centralized darcs

Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> I think this is the root of the key difference between the `like patch
> systems' people and the `hate patch systems' people.
>
> `Hate patch systems' people are those who can read code, and prefer
> programming and debuggint to doing archaelogy.

Oh brother, cut out the silly flamebait.

"Patch systems" and SCMs have different strengths and weaknesses; which
one works best depends on the task at hand.  I use, and don't-hate [*],
both, in different situations.

[*] Not really "like"... dealing with maintenance stuff, whether SCM
    branches or maintaining patch sets, is usually annoying and fickle
    no matter what you do, but makes life easier in the long run; I like
    those things that maximize the utility/pain ratio.

-miles
--
Suburbia: where they tear out the trees and then name streets after them.