Re: Centralized darcs

George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> wrote:

>> > But you lose debian specific patches to be clearly separated from the
>> > upstrem source (digging diff.gz for that is not fun), unless one knows
>> > where to find
>> First, what is a "Debian-specific patch?"  Isn't everything in diff.gz
>> that?
> Right, but you have parts which touch upstream files (debian/patches/*), and
> parts which does not (debian/!patches). I prefer them to be clearly separated
> when the whole debian source package is unpacked.

Not only that.  Many packages make changes to upstream files that are
Debian-specific (e.g. for using infrastructure or libraries that don't
exist outside), but also changes to upstream files that will/should be
temporary because upstream will apply the same patch, has been asked to,
or the patch has been taken from their development version.

Regards, Frank
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)