Re: Centralized darcs

George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> wrote:

>> > But you lose debian specific patches to be clearly separated from the
>> > upstrem source (digging diff.gz for that is not fun), unless one knows
>> > where to find
>>
>> First, what is a "Debian-specific patch?"  Isn't everything in diff.gz
>> that?
>
> Right, but you have parts which touch upstream files (debian/patches/*), and
> parts which does not (debian/!patches). I prefer them to be clearly separated
> when the whole debian source package is unpacked.

Not only that.  Many packages make changes to upstream files that are
Debian-specific (e.g. for using infrastructure or libraries that don't
exist outside), but also changes to upstream files that will/should be
temporary because upstream will apply the same patch, has been asked to,
or the patch has been taken from their development version.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)