Re: Debian architectures, according to popularity-contest

On 7/30/06, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:

If you want to help the Debian project to get a more accurate view on
the architectures used, make sure your machines have the
popularity-contest package installed and enabled.  The reported data
is also used to decide which packages go into which installation CD,
so you will increase the chance that the packages important to you are
available on the first CD as well.

Afaik popularity-contest uses access-time to report statistics. Will
it report correct statistics if I have all of my partitions mounted
with -o noatime?
Does it also consider for example how often I upgrade a package?

Best regards,
Edwin