Re: lilypond and python

Le dim 30 juillet 2006 07:21, Thomas Bushnell BSG a écrit :

> No, it requires *both* the newer Python

  pure speculation, upstream *AND* users on the list, claim it works
with python2.3. so stop with that, it's tiresome.

  In another mail <[🔎] u1hodv7sm91.fsf@kempis.becket.net>, you said:

Le dim 30 juillet 2006 07:19, Thomas Bushnell BSG a écrit :
> Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
> > Thomas Bushnell BSG a écrit :
> > >
> > > Actually, way ahead of you on that.
> >
> > So what? If you know how to fix that issue, then why don't you
> > upload a package based on Pierre's work with the fix? Why don't you
> > do it RIGHT NOW and get DONE with this madness?
>
> I don't know a fix for that issue except to use Guile 1.8.

  So just to be clear, guile wont be fixed magically, Especially if you
don't know guile/scheme... And what "surprises[1]" me is that the first
public problem that you reported about that, was on the lilypond-devel
mail list[2], in a mail that is 4h before mine on -devel (So I suppose
that in American english far ahead is 4h before, I will keep that in
mind in the future).

  So far, I've seen *no* bug report on guile from you. Because people
reported to have it compile in 1.6.7 (I've found that in many posts on
lylipond-* lists) and since it compiles with 1.8 it seems that it's a
guile regression, so that it means that it can obviously be fixed in a
1.6.8 version. But that won't happen if you don't open a bug. Bug that
(and I won't make a new explanation of that, I already did) you should
have open *MONTHES* ago.

 [1] actually not that much sadly…

 [2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2006-07/msg00133.html

--