Re: RFC: ssl-cert2 design [Was: Re: Using the SSL snakeoil certificate]

pe, 2006-07-28 kello 10:53 +0100, James Westby kirjoitti:
> On (28/07/06 10:03), Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> > pe, 2006-07-28 kello 00:03 +0100, James Westby kirjoitti:
> > >   * Make it easier for package maintainers
> > >     - One extra dh_ call and maybe one more file in debian/
> >
> > How badly is this tied to debhelper? Any chance of designing it so that
> > it doesn't require debhelper?
>
> Why does this concern you? I thought debhelper was fairly standard use
> today.

I don't like it when people make using helper packages de facto
required. And debhelper isn't standard (meaning that you can expect
everyone to use it), merely very common. It is also very good, but its
use must still remain optional.

> But, yes, like all of debhelper it's just a convenience wrapper. If your
> package is very simple then in the postinst add

Good. If that is documented in the ssl-cert2 package, then all is well.

--
The most difficult thing in programming is to be simple and
straightforward.