Re: Place to submit scripts useful for Debian

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 07:31:56AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Daniel Dickinson <alemc.2@bmts.com> [2006.07.25.0324 +0100]:
> > I have written a script that I think would be useful in Debian.  It
> > seems excessive to make a package for for it, but a quick google for
> > 'debian scripts' didn't turn up any convenient websites or
> > repositories, so I thought I'd ask here where would be a good place to
> > submit scripts.
>
> This script would be useful outside of Debian as well (although
> I don't quite see what it does that dd or pv don't. But then again

Well, I intend to do an update-menu thing that calls 'fburn --gui',
which makes for a somewhat friendly interface from a window manager
menu or icon.  Also it doesn't just blast out the image and hope it's
okay; unless you specify otherwise, the script will verify (using cmp)
that the image can be read back and, if not, will reformat the floppy
and try again (exactly once).  I did this after far too many bad
floppies (a combination of flaky drives and the fact that floppy
quality is absolutely horrible these days).

> I suggest you submit the script to the fdutils package.

Thanks!  That's the sort of info I was looking for :-)

--
GnuPG Key Fingerprint 86 F5 81 A5 D4 2E 1F 1C
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,