Re: Self-conflicts and self-depends

Hi,

>   I've noticed that some packages conflict or depend on themself. As far
> as I know, this makes no sense and the dependency (of conflict) should
> be removed, but I prefer to ask here before filing useless bug reports.
>
> This is a list of the packages:
> [...]
> unison:
>   Conflicts on unison (<< 2.9.1-3)

I guess this is meant to prevent older versions of unison and unison2.9.1
(which Provides: unison) from being installed together (the same holds
for unison-gtk).
Similar issues might exist for the other packages (virtual packages that
have been replaced by "real" packages later on, or vice versa), but I haven't
checked them all.

Regards,

Jan