Re: Challenge: Binary free uploading

also sprach Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org> [2006.07.16.1521 +0200]:
> But more importantly, I don't think that strictly requiring that a
> package is lintian errors clean is a good idea anyway. Suppose that
> there's a security bug in a package that I want to fix quickly. Lintian
> yields an error that was already present in the previous package. I
> can't upload just the security fix unless I fix that other error aswell.

First, which certificates are required can be defined for each
source package. Second, I could well imagine an override-style
certificate for emergency uploads.

About running logcheck on the server, the problem is simply the time
it takes until the user gets feedback, and server load.

`. `'`
"i think, therefore i'm single"
                                                      -- lizz winstead