Re: Getting the buildds to notice new architectures in a package

Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Ludovic

> Package asis (=3.15p-10) supports i386, kfreebsd-i386, sparc, and
> powerpc.
>
> I uploaded the next version (=2005-3) a couple of days ago.  It adds
> support for more architectures, namely: amd63, hppa, and ia64.

You should contact the buildd maintainers (actually the
Packages-arch-specific maintainers [1]) when you add support for an
architecture.

<arch>@buildd.debian.org is the way buildd admins can be reached.

> I will upload ~20 source packages in the next few weeks, adding
> support for more architectures to each package.  So I'm really looking
> for a general solution and not one that only applies to asis.

This is already known by the Release Team, I'm not sure if the news has
already reached the P-a-s maintainers...

> PS. Please reply to me directly, as well as to the list.

Ok.

Cheers

Luk

[1] These maintainers are listed at the top of the file
http://cvs.debian.org/srcdep/Packages-arch-specific?cvsroot=dak

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D