Re: cdrtools

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 10:38 +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 08:57:54AM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> > Kevin Bube wrote:
> > > What about switching to dvdrtools? I think this project was
> > > started to solve the frequently recurring arguments about the
> > > licensing and the device adressing scheme cdrtools use.
> >
> > dvdrtools are currently in non-free (so not part of Debian at all)
> > and therefore not a solution/replacement
>
> I completely fail to see any logic here:
> * cdrtools, obviously completely non-free, is in main

what? you think if it is non-GPL than it should go to non-free? This is
nonsense. And, please, don't tell me that CDDL is less free than
3-clause BSD, etc. Its OSI approved, therefore it is *free* license. I'd
like to see current Debian leaders to comment on this *political* issue
and stop minority discrimination right there.

> * dvdrtools, a fork of the last GPLed version, is in non-free

dvdrtools - totally useless effort. Besides, its known to be buggy and
linux-only which is against Debian philosophy therefore should never be
in main.

Please, reconsider and instead consolidate your efforts with current
cdrtools project.