Re: dpkg-reconfigure and postinst

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 02:35:44AM -0500, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>         Hi!

hi,

>  I am having a problem, and I guess I might not be the only one who
> might stumble into it.  When one wants to do something in new installs
> of the package, they usually check for $2 != "" in the postinst and put
> the stuff in there.  So far, so good, and policy friendly because you
> might not create ill side effects about user expectations to no changes
> during upgrades.

this is what i do in the postinst of libapache-mod-ssl package:

# we do not want to bother the user with useless questions at install time
if [ "$1" = "reconfigure" ] || [ "${DEBCONF_RECONFIGURE}" = "1" ]; then
	mod-ssl-makecert
fi

this is documented in debconf-devel manpage.

cheers
domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://people.debian.org/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50