Re: ITP: openwatcom -- C/C++ compiler and IDE that produce efficient, portable code

On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 06:17:20PM -0400, Jason Spiro wrote:
> * Package name    : openwatcom
> * License         : Sybase Open Watcom Public License 1.0 (it is
> OSI-approved)

Oops... it looks like OSI smoked something especially bad this time,
I'm afraid.  This license looks like someone took his time to collect
every single problematic clause.

Debian-legal may provide you with a clause-by-clause analysis, but
let me point out just one particular gem:

the moment you use openwatcom to compile any work-related piece of
software (thus not "Personal Use"), you need to make the source of
openwatcom publicly available for 12 months.

Regards,
--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be